At Teknov8 we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
Data We Collect
In running and maintaining our website, we may collect and process the following data:
- Your IP address.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For instance, if you register your information on an enquiry form.
- Information about the use of our site. This includes details of your visits, such as resources accessed, and pages viewed. This this can include, location data, IP addresses, traffic data and other communication data.
We all collect other personal data from various other resources. This includes the following:
- Information generated by usage of our products and services
- Service providers that help to determine your locations from your IP addresses to customise products to your location
This data collected can include the following:
- Name – including first name and last name
- Contact details
- Email address
- Phone number
- Demographics – including country, city and your preferred language
Why we collect your data
When we collect your personal data through our website, social media, or over the phone we use the provided data for the following:
- To provide you with information you requested about our services or products, or to contact you about your enquiry by providing customer support
- To maintain our database records and monitor the use of our services and products to improve our service to customers
- To inform our clients or customers about our products and services
- To better understand your needs and to improve our products and services
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or products
- For marketing purposes, such as email marketing campaigns containing information we think you will find interesting
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research
- To customise our website to match your online behaviour and personal preferences
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
Teknov8 is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. Teknov8 has done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online. The safeguards ensure that our contractors, agencies and other third parties will keep your data confidential and secure.
- We require all third parties to enter into a contract with us that includes confidentiality obligations
- All employees have confidentiality clauses in their employment contracts
- We carry out due diligence when necessary in relation to the technical and organisation measures used by our suppliers to ensure that personal data is processed securely
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
Form related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
We sometimes test new features and make changes to the way our website is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
This site uses Google Analytics to track user interaction. Google Analytics (GA) sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and what content is most popular. This helps to ensure that our website is responding to your needs in the best way possible. Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third-party data processor.
In addition to Google Analytics, this website collects information (already held in the public domain) attributed to the IP address of the computer or device that is being used to access it. The information is supplied to us from Spotler. We use this tool collect information such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, your browsing activity, and other information about how you interacted with our website for Marketing purposes. This data is managed by our external Marketing Agency.
Links to Other Websites
We do not sell your personal information to third party companies.
We transfer personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- Companies who we appoint under contract to host our services
- Companies or individuals who we appoint to provide services to us which include processing personal data
- Actual or potential business partners who need access to personal data to evaluate or carry out a business relationship or to conclude a transaction with us
- Teknov8 employees. This access is restricted only to employees who need to have access to personal data to perform their work duties
Our third-party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and EU General Protection Regulation 2018 legislation. The third parties that are based in the USA are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
Storing of your Personal Data
The Personal Data submitted directly by you via contact and other forms, through our website, on social media platforms, on landing pages and over the phone are stored in our database which is cloud based and guarded by our Company Information Security Policy.
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data stored is treated securely. Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We retain personal data for a period of 5 years. After that time, unless there is a need to retain that data for purposes connected with protecting our interests or those of third parties we will erase all data other than that needed to comply with our statutory obligations.
Web beacons (also known as internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs) are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as the type of browser used to view a website page, when you viewed a particular site linked to the Web beacon, and a description of a site tied to the Web beacon. Certain pages on our Website may contain such Web beacons which the Company uses to operate and improve the Website.
Accessing your data
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data;
- Our use of your email address for marketing purposes is subject to your consent and you have the right at any time to withdraw that consent at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of our marketing emails
- You have the right to access your personal data, which means you can confirm that your personal data is being processed and to allow you to check if the processing is lawful
- You have the right to update the personal information we hold about you
- You also have the right to request all personal information that we hold on you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data or object to continued processing where it is excessive or no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected
Please note that where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we reserve the right to charge a fee to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk)
Before it gets to that situation, please make sure you contact Teknov8, on the information provided below, should you wish to exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions about the processing of your personal data.
As soon as we receive your email or letter, we will confirm receipt of your request within 10 working days and we will respond within 1 month, unless the request is complex or numerous in which case the period in which we must respond can be extended by a further two months.
Radiant House, 28 – 30 Fowler Road Ilford, IG6 3UT, UK
Palace Hill Road, Simonstown, Cape Town, South Africa